Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unit 7: Blog Journal

Complete the "Meeting Asciepius" exercise on track #4 of the Dacher CD. Describe your meditative practice(s) for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?

I feel that all of them are great to keep in practice. I especially love the creative visualization and mindfulness practice. I believe that by setting aside an alotted time each week will assist in making this practice a habit.

Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?

I believe that this saying points out that it is impossible to help a person in a specific thing if you have not done it. For example, a person that has always been large can not teach an individual how to lose weight, because they lack proficency in the process. My master always says "that you need to own the skill" and this is what he ment by that. Yes you have an obligation to walk the walk and talk the talk. Otherwise it is simply theory.I feel that stay on the path that I am on, keep setting goals and working towards those goals will help me achieve my desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment